DownRVR is perfect for the person who wants a taste of the river without a huge time commitment. We'll get you on and off with just enough time to cover all the basic techniques and set you up with all the gear/skills necessary to paddle Class 1/2 rivers with confidence.
In order for each trip to get the most time on the water we will be leaving from camp on time. Please remember, the Thursday and Sunday trips, participants are responsible for their own transportation to Lions Park. Friday and Saturday trips, there is a shuttle that will leave and return to camp.
The drive from camp to Lions Park is exactly one hour. Which is why we are firm on departure and arrival times. Once we arrive to Lions Park, we will hop into the Paddle Moab van that will take us directly to our let in point on the river. Below is the breakdown of the itinerary.
- 0-minute drive to put-in with a quick stop at matrimony springs to fill up water bottles
- Unload gear/Safety Talk
- 4-6 mile downriver paddle (2 hrs)
- 15 min shuttle back to Lions Park, one hour drive back to camp.
Sup, Paddle, Leash, PFD (lifejacket), Splash Jackets, Snacks, Thurs-Sat Transportation to and from camp, paddle moab shuttle from Lions Park to the river. Sunday you will be responsible for driving to Lions Park
*For those of you signing up for the Sunday Trip, please pack up your camp and shuttle yourself to LIONS PARK where the trip will depart from.
What to Bring:
- Water bottle with carabiner
- Extra change of clothes that stays in the van until after your trip
- Sandals or shoes that can stay on your feet if you happen to swim
- We recommend ASTRAL shoes for any on water experience.
Extras we recommend but not require:
- Gopro or waterproof camera
- Sunglasses with chums
- Trucker hat
EVENT POLICY: No Refunds.
PACK AND DRESS FOR ANY WEATHER CONDITION! Moab’s weather can change at any given time. We don’t know what the weather will be like, so pack for rain or sun. We suggest bringing a wetsuit or rash guard material top/bottom/socks. We have Splash tops for every person just in case it rains.